The Current War

« Older   Newer »

1. *Noemi*

User deleted

avevo visto su facebook un poster del film con una lampadina al centro e basta.... nulla di che.... solo che sotto c'era scritto DICEMBRE 2017!!!
    e allora mi si è accesa una lampadina per davvero! e se lo presentassero a venezia a settembre?! :luv:

2. lilliann80

User deleted

Ma quindi sono già finite le riprese?
    Certo sarebbe bello avere l'occasione di vedere Benedict in Italia!!!

9c26c40dd3abb024221352b30870c68e

Group
    Cumber Collective

Status
    CITAZIONE (lilliann80 @ 23/2/2017, 22:41) 
    Ma quindi sono già finite le riprese?
    Certo sarebbe bello avere l'occasione di vedere Benedict in Italia!!!

Non penso, cavolo hanno fatto flash?? XD O si tratta di una data approssimativa - anche perchè alla fine manca ancora un anno - oopure è fan poster e hanno messo una data a caso.
    Cmq sarebbe fantastico avere Ben in Italia ed è inutile dire che se partecipa a qualche evento accessibile - dove lo si può vede dal vivo e da vicino - mi ci fiondo ^^

☆☆☆☆☆

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (*Noemi* @ 23/2/2017, 22:14) 
    avevo visto su facebook un poster del film con una lampadina al centro e basta.... nulla di che.... solo che sotto c'era scritto DICEMBRE 2017!!!
    e allora mi si è accesa una lampadina per davvero! e se lo presentassero a venezia a settembre?! :luv:

fonte - fonte -fonte ........ !!!

comunque ancora girano, credo ò.ò
    hanno iniziato quando? fine Gennaio? Dovrebbero lavorarci fino a fine Marzo almeno ò.ò Andando veloci :zizi:

CUMBERQUEEN

Group
    co - Admin

Status
    Hanno iniziato le riprese verso il 18-19 dicembre 2016

Per la fine delle riprese a questo link https://mobile.twitter.com/StevensonWither...461723960758280
    Ma forse è per questo attore che avrà finito di girare la sua parte? :mmm:

E qui http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish...el-gets-9582766 dicono che a Glasgow and Edinburgh il 28 febbraio iniziano le riprese di Avengers: Infinity War

Per il poster sempre allo stesso link della fine delle riprese https://mobile.twitter.com/StevensonWither...461723960758280
    C5X64xEWcAES8Si

☆☆☆☆☆

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    quindi al primo link dicono che l'attore Will Irvine ha finito di girare e poi strategicamente allegano il poster, ma non mi sembra niente di ufficiale, nessun logo . . per adesso dobbiamo prenderlo come ufficioso ;)

a Dicembre?? wow mi ero persa un mese ^^' Allora forsse ce la fanno per fine anno (Dec 2017) considerando tutta post produzione e promozione !! MAh speriamo :D

le riprese di Avengers3 sono già iniziate e forse incastrano le scene di Ben in questo periodo!
    Accavallare Edison e Doctor Strange XXDX daaaaaaaaje Ben :XD:

7. *Noemi*

User deleted

CITAZIONE (erin18 @ 24/2/2017, 17:40) 
    CITAZIONE (*Noemi* @ 23/2/2017, 22:14) 

fonte - fonte -fonte ........ !!!

comunque ancora girano, credo ò.ò
    hanno iniziato quando? fine Gennaio? Dovrebbero lavorarci fino a fine Marzo almeno ò.ò Andando veloci :zizi:

altra fonte: https://twitter.com/Anythingbatch/status/834849167403020288

comunque se pensi che le riprese di Sherlock 4 sono iniziate ad aprile e le puntate sono uscite a gennaio è possibilissimo che per natale il film esca...

CUMBERQUEEN

Group
    co - Admin

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Staking out another spot on the awards season calendar, TWC also announced today that it will release The Current War, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Shannon, on Dec. 22.

The Current War stars Cumberbatch as inventor Thomas Edison and Shannon as George Westinghouse as the two battle over how to market electricity in the late 1880s. Directed by Alfonso Gomez‐Rejon (Me and Earl and the Dying Girl) and written by Michael Mitnick, the film also stars Katherine Waterston, Nicholas Hoult, Tom Holland, Matthew Macfayden and Tuppence Middleton. After its Dec. 22 limited opening, the film will receive what’s described as a moderate expansion Jan. 19.
    www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bene...se-dates-987148

Quindi per vederlo da noi dobbiamo aspettare il 2018 e cosa intendono dire con "moderate expansion"? :mmm:

Edited by kaylastella - 18/3/2017, 10:53

9. *Noemi*

User deleted

no dai cazzo, in Italia un film del genere DEVE uscire!!!

CUMBERQUEEN

Group
    co - Admin

Status
    Il 13 giugno ci sarà una preview screening
    Il 5 gennaio 2018 verrà rilasciato a in UK

☆☆☆☆☆

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Oh abbiamo una data!! :D Speriamo che arrivi anche in Italia però...

O che comunque si trovi in giro! .-.

9c26c40dd3abb024221352b30870c68e

Group
    Cumber Collective

Status
    Voglio sperare che uscirà anche nei cinema italiani, anche se probabilmente la distribuzione sarà ridotta. Nella peggiore delle ipotesi uscirà direttamente in dvd ma spero di no. Infondo Ben ha preso molta visibilità in Italia ultimamente - grazie anche a Strange - e sarebbe un pò sciocco non far uscire i suoi film

CUMBERQUEEN

Group
    co - Admin

Status
    Questa è una prima recensione della preview screening che si è finita il 13 giugno
    CITAZIONE
    First Review For THE CURRENT WAR Is Here!
    A few days ago it seems there was a very early screening for The Current War, starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Shannon, Nicholas Hoult, and Tom Holland. The film is not due in theaters till December 22, 2017.

The Current War is about the competition between electricity titans Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse to create a sustainable system and market it to the US public.

Here is a review from a spy who went got to see the film.
    (chi non vuole sapere niente non apra lo spoiler )
    Hey guys big fan of the new site SplashReport and I wanted to pass along this review in case you’re interested.

This week I was able to attend a test screening of The Current War , starring Benedict Cumberbatch , Michael Shannon, Katherine Waterston, Tom Holland, Tuppence Middleton, and Nicholas Hoult directed by Alfonso Gomez-Rejon.

Make no mistake about it…this movie is about exactly what the title states…..currents…electrical currents and is slated for Oscar season in December 2017. The story is about the fierce competition between Thomas Edison & George Westinghouse as they try and create a sustainable electric system and market it to the American people.

It’s Edison’s (Cumberbatch) DC system vs Westinghouse (Shannon) and his AC system. The movie plays out with a political type of intrigue and portrays Edison as a man who is self absorbed and would compromise his own integrity by collaborating with others to portray the AC system as dangerous and unfit that would put the public at risk and end many lives . He went as far as to collaborate with others to promote Westinghouse’s own system as a means to power the new electric chair.

His end goal was to show that his rivals system was the best way to end lives and tried to prove that by publicly executing animals using the rival AC system. Edison used fear in an attempt to gain a market advantage over Westinghouse. With all of that said, his interactions with his family were the opposite. A good father , a loving husband to Mary Edison played wonderfully by Tuppence Middleton. One of the themes in the movie that also plays out on the Westinghouse side, is the importance of these strong, supporting wives to these truly remarkable and successful men.

Cumberbatch, who I have yet to see perform badly, was a great fit for the role and it will be interesting to see where he lands among the best acting categories when awards season rolls around.

I want to touch on Michael Shannon as George Westinghouse. He was great. He portrayed a man of high integrity, a good husband and a good friend. However he is pushed by Edison’s lack of integrity and that puts him in an internal conflict and this is where Shannon shines in the movie. What is a man to do when he’s constantly pushed to the brink? Constantly lied about and taunted in the media? Not many of us are cut from the same cloth as Ghandi.

He’s helped by a flashback sequence that plays out slowly through the duration of the movie. As I said earlier about Cumberbatch, it will be interesting to see where Shannon stands during the awards season. His scenes with his wife played by Katherine Waterston were all fantastic and showed how important she was in his decision making process.

Now let me get my fan boy on! Tom Holland plays Samuel Insull, who at this point in his career was Thomas Edison’s personal secretary and confidant. His screen time is limited but important and I’m excited to say this kid has acting chops! For those of us waiting in anticipation for the new Spider-Man I can say that I believe they made a great choice.

Nicholas Hoult plays Nikola Tesla and keeping with the themes above , I thought he was pretty damn good at it. I was a little put off by his performance when he was first introduced but it grew on me as the movie went on. In the interest of full disclosure I overheard 2 other attendees talking about how his accent wasn’t genuine and convincing enough.

Look…I’m a movie lover at heart but I’m definitely geared towards the horror/action/superhero genres. However, I watch all of the Oscar nominated movies each year and I will say that I feel a good portion, not all, are overrated. I have a good sense of what the Oscar voters are looking for and I’m going to say that this will be a flick that will be discussed and I will say that the performances will have to be discussed.

After a slow start to the movie I felt it bounced back powerfully with fantastic performances and I was entertained, intrigued, and educated by the film. It ran for about 2 hours and there is plenty of time before December to edit and shape the movie based on the feedback from the audience.

If you use this review you can call me Schwifty of the Leather Cloak.
    Sounds like The Current War is gonna get some nominations come award season.

http://splashreport.com/first-review-current-war/amp/

☆☆☆☆☆

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Credo mi divertirò molto con questo film, e senza spoiler sembra che in generale sia piaciuto, specie per le interpretazioni!! Che poi è quello che ci interessa di più ; )

In ogni caso è troppo presto per qualsiasi previsione, possono modificare molto fino a Dicembre! Ma gli elementi per essere un buon prodotto ci sono tutti! :D

Molto positiva per la riuscita di questo film!! :fiore:

☆☆☆☆☆

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    IMG_20170630_005631

145 replies since 24/9/2016, 16:51   1324 views